Friday, October 16, 2009


Ever wonder about the space between things - like the space between your thoughts and your actions, or the space between water and the sky, or the space between color and color. When I paint I think about constantly the space between my movement and actions in the work I am creating and what actually happens on the surface. I ask myself - is my mind getting in the way, is my history - or am I allowing the work to become the "thing" it is supposed to be. I actually paint with my left hand, I am right handed, a great deal of the time because my left hand seems to make "fresher" "freeier" marks than my right. My right just seems to be too controlling. Bottom line the space between for me is about possibility and creation.

"Inside" 22 x 22 Acrylic on paper. Part of my "Space Between" series.

No comments:

Post a Comment